Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Movie Influence

One movie that really influenced me was probably Space Jam. I always wondered what it’d be like if cartoons and real life collided with each other when I was a kid. When I finally saw Space Jam in theaters with my mom, I got my answer. I thought it was really cool how Michael Jordan interacting with the Looney Tunes that I grew up watching. And I kept asking myself (as kid) “how did they get them out of the TV? Or how did Michael get IN the TV with the cartoons? Is Looney Tune Land really underground? All those questions were answered when I grew up and learned about Hollywood and it’s “magic.”

Story wise, Space Jam is sort of responsible for my optimistic behavior. Even though it was just another sports movie, it made me believe in trying harder against all odds and it also made me realized that talent comes from within. The part where the aliens steal the NBA player’s talent made a lot of since to me over the years. Talent is an essence that fuels you to do what you’re good at and when the aliens took that away, they realized they’re nothing without it, just a regular person.

Art wise I thought it was fascinating that they were able to have the Looney Tunes interact with real people. I mean I HAVE seen it before with “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” but Space Jam was more family friendly and had more recognizable characters and the overall execution was just loads of fun.

1 comment:

  1. This was due before Saturday the 16th!! Where are your storyboards?!?!

    ReplyDelete